Aim Higher Now works to advance the values that have made North Carolina great—access to the best public schools and universities, investments in public infrastructure, and equal rights and opportunity for all. We communicate directly with North Carolinians in their communities through data-driven, targeted field and digital programs.
Aim Higher Now is seeking highly motivated candidates to serve as Field Fellows in Wake (Raleigh), Mecklenburg (Charlotte), Pitt (Greenville) and Cumberland (Fayetteville) Counties. Field Fellows will focus on voter registration and issue advocacy campaigns and will also work to build and strengthen the long-term progressive infrastructure in the state. Field Fellows will report to a Field Organizer and will be responsible for implementing a portion of the field plan, recruiting, training and managing volunteers, and will be held accountable to quantitative and qualitative field metrics.
The Aim Higher Now fellowship program will provide an opportunity to learn more about developing and sustaining a strong volunteer field operation, running data-driven, targeted voter contact programs, and building grassroots organizations that can push for policy changes that impact local communities.
The Aim Higher Now fellowship program will last one year and fellows will be paid a stipend of $1500 a month. Fellows are expected to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week to the program.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who will participate in voter registration, phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and community events such as house parties and town hall meetings.
- Engaging in direct voter contact through canvasses, voter registration, phone banks and events.
- Participating in the development and implementation of leadership and activist trainings.
- Ideal candidates will live and work in the communities in which they are applying.
- Candidates must have a knowledge of and strong commitment to progressive causes.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel and access to a vehicle is required.
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week to the program, including some weekend and evening hours, is required.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter with three references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include NC Field Fellow in the subject line.
Aim Higher Now is an equal opportunity employer.